Gone are the days when recruiting’s all about pushing paper, stacking up resumes, loading databases, and pummelling competition. Recruiting, in the IT industry today, is considered an art predicated on success-critical factors such as fostering fruitful relationships, building networks, establishing and asserting your company’s presence, and grooming talent.
In this article, CodeForce 360 explains some of those critical aspects which are a part of a great recruiter’s MO:
- Inventive sourcing methods: Great recruiters are defined by methods which are rarely seen. One of these ways includes keeping an eye on inactivity. When recruiters find that employees are out of work, they reach out to them and find out if they’re interested in an offer. Other creative forms of recruiting include being present at meetups, conferences, or even striking conversations with prospective hires at coffee shops.
- Rapid referral rates: The mundane process of posting jobs and accumulating a talent pool is arduous at best. Recruiters who are smart reach out to their existing contacts and seek referrals. This is because a known and trusted source’s rolodex will have candidates with certified success.
- Social media Jedis: Social media platforms are simply loaded with terabytes of conversations, portfolios, resumes, postings, discussions, and more. Smart and savvy recruiters regularly tap into platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. to find prospective hires.
- Tech savvy: In order to beat a trend, all it takes is to have the right tools to stay ahead. Recruiters who operate with a razor’s edge are the ones who make the best out of innovative platforms, devices, and software to source, screen, vet, and hire professionals with amazing skill sets.
- Transparency: Recruiters who fail are the ones who paint pretty pictures but fail to live up their promise/word. The smart ones are those who are blunt when it comes to their plans, expectations, and course of action. This helps them avoid troublesome circumstances during the course of hiring candidates.
- Creative with communications: Smart recruiters skip the run-of-the-mill methods such as voicemails and simple mailers. Reaching out directly to candidates through social media, texts, and quirky mails are deemed the way to go.
- They love to listen: Rather than going on a promotional rampage with what their company/offer is all about, great recruiters are those who hear candidates out and are willing to know everything about them, their expectations, their needs, and most importantly… their targets.
Seeking cost-effective staffing solutions? Skip the conventional and reach out to us at CodeForce 360 today!