Everybody’s having their fingers twitch, senses on full alert, and curiosity at boiling point for the latest breaking news stories from the world of technology! Without further ado, CodeForce 360 presents some of the recent news which has taken the entire realm by storm!
IN THE NEWS
1. Hyperloop station enters Toulouse: There are two companies working on Hyperloop Stations in the world and one of them has just announced its plan to set up a station in Toulouse, France. The project is being tabled with a testing facility at the Francazal Airport. A city which is dubbed as the European hub for the aerospace industry, Toulouse was formerly known as a military installation used for aircraft research and testing.
2. Chan-Zuckerberg project acquires Meta: The multi-billion dollar philanthropy behemoth led by Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan. Running on Artificial Intelligence, Meta is a search engine aimed at helping scientists and researchers look up scores of research papers linked to thousands of projects. The search engine is also powered by the fact that you can look up the most popular research papers easily instead of those that are generic and lack recognition.
3. Airbnb will acquire social media-transaction startup Tilt: With the aim of playing a dominant part in the discovery and experience market, travel giant Airbnb is all set to acquire social media-based startup Tilt. With this acquisition, Airbnb is looking forward to not just expand their horizons with travel-based experience but also enable bookings for parties and events.
4. Yahoo’s Verizon sale stymied due to recent obstacles: Yahoo has announced that the sale of Verizon Communications has been pushed to the next quarter since they have not met specific terms and conditions. Yahoo’s revenue has reportedly plummeted due to the announcement regarding cataclysmic hacks on their user data. Despite these recent rumbles with security, Yahoo has announced that the corporation is doing all that’s required to refortify their data infrastructure and facilitate an easy sale.
5. Target hints at possible launch of mobile payments integration: Retail giant Target has close to 24 Million shopaholics hooked to its Cartwheel application which is the digital alternative to saving coupons and availing discounts courtesy a hassle-free barcode scanning option. The company announced a possible payment-integration for either Cartwheel or the main shopping application.
6. Alibaba on full-throttle: Chinese e-commerce colossus Alibaba has reported a jaw-dropping forecast powered by its earnings during the recent quarter which have beaten predictions and expectations from around the world. This recent surge in revenue is largely due to their dominance in digital marketing, their sales during Singles’ day, and the success of their online entertainment portal.
That’s it for this bulletin from CodeForce 360. Looking forward to more breaking news from the world of technology? Stay wired, tuned, and hooked for more!