This year is predicted to be twice as competitive as the previous year courtesy fresh opportunities that spawn in companies across the industrial realm and a shift in trends when it comes to aspects such as skill acquisition etc.
According to CodeForce 360, an increase in opportunities results in an increase in competition which, in turn, results in talent filters. Consultants will be hard to impress as only a handful of candidates will be picked for selection rounds. CodeForce 360 presents the most critical capabilities/skills which consultants are going to look for in order to recruit the most suitable candidates for competitive opportunities, this year.
MUST HAVE TRAITS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1. Leadership: Most of the companies out there nowadays operate as a team of teams. The pros of operating well within a cohesive unit are drilled into candidates right from day one with excellent teamwork, itself, being considered as a mantra for success. This is among those skills which are deemed essential as candidates are often placed in a professionally charged environment to take on challenges that are overcome efficiently through teamwork.
- 2. Creativity: Thinking out of the box is a marketable trait today. This is courtesy situations that require a creative bent of mind to produce solutions and results. Consultants across companies are often instructed to look for this skill which is deemed invaluable. Hence, we see most of the selection procedures for multiple companies posing challenges which are unexpected and intriguing.
- 3. Analytical Ability: Consulting firms usually look for sharp analytical skills when the JD involves consolidating, interpreting and cleansing large pools of data. This requirement usually involves complex situations that require a simple solution.
- 4. Interests & Extracurricular Skills: While we tend to think that technical skills are the most valuable, consultants also look for certain hobbies and interests or extracurricular activities (as we call them). These special interests highlight the candidates ability to balance commitments at work and life while possessing certain traits that foster personality development which, in turn, makes the candidate a valuable asset to the company.
- 5. Social Skills: As mentioned earlier, working in a team is critical as challenges in today’s professions require a great deal of teamwork. The ability to work in a team is complemented by quintessential social skills. Consultants consider this important as the candidates hired represent the company’s standard. The candidates hired are expected to be affable with excellent communication skills and having an ability to form fruitful professional relationships.
CodeForce 360 considers these skills highly important if candidates are to come to a consultant’s notice. Moreover, given the intensity of the competition which is certainly going to get as thick as it gets, these skills are the ones to note if candidates are to place themselves in consideration lists and get shortlisted for competitive opportunities.