Background checks are an important aspect of recruiting. Whether it’s Googling, check references, or calling up ex-employers, these checks help proceed with vetting a candidate through further rounds. However, there are instances where certain background checks aren’t comprehensive enough to know everything that happened in a candidate’s life/career. Sometimes, recruiters taste operational mayhem when they realized that a candidate they’ve hired had a stint in jail or got fired by an undisclosed employer.
With these potential catastrophes looming large, how would recruiting managers ensure that their plan is fool proof? Here’s a few ways:
1. Be sure about your plan of action: Verify the activities that your managers are going to invest in. Whether it’s a few technical rounds or a thorough screening process, it’s important to ensure that your managers are certain about their agenda.
2. Be firm about your policies: What kind of candidates are you alright with having on board? Will a criminal past stop someone from being given a ticket to a position in your company? Will a gap in the career timeline affect somebody’s chances?
3. Save time by being blunt: When hiring somebody, if the idea is to not waste time on ones with a record of felonies, mention it in your job description.
4. Highlight your recruiting policies: To be safe, it’s better to make it crystal clear that any perks/packages offered by the company could be received only when candidates pass their requisite background checks. Furthermore, if you can also ask the candidates to state their reasons for a questionable past. Post this, any dishonesty can be deemed as a reason for terminating their application.
5. Discuss your hunch/finds: Part of being involved with a recruitment team is total transparency, which is requisite for avoiding any operational errors. When reviewing a candidate’s record, you’re bound to come across certain aspects that you are not entirely sure about. In these instances, it’s extremely important to discuss it with your team members.
Looking for cost-effective staffing solutions that are sure to help your company relish a definitive edge in the IT industry? Contact us at CodeForce 360 today.