No industry on the planet has been driven, influenced and transformed by advancements in technology than the automobile industry. Jaw-dropping technologies are taking the driver’s seat on a daily basis, prototypes are taking centre stage and spellbinding predictions are being made by think-tanks on seemingly limitless possibilities in the near future.
In this article, CodeForce 360 explains how electric luxury cars manufacturer Tesla is changing the way we think about automobiles and of course, future technologies that are all set to take the world by storm in the years to come.
STORMING & CREATING “NEW ARENAS” : ELON MUSK & TESLA
The fact that this decade has, so far, been owned by Elon Musk is absolutely irrefutable. One of PayPal’s cofounders who is also an engineer and an inventor has not just added a whole new dimension to the automobile-tech industry but has changed the way we think about cars altogether.
Rather than waiting for laborious campaigns to take the world by storm, the serial entrepreneur had the whole world hooked, floored and asking for more when Tesla Motors unveiled the revolutionary Model S in 2012. With the aesthetic appeal of a luxury vehicle and a technological edge that was hard to materialize back in the earlier decades, Musk managed to give every single automobile enthusiast and scientist alike their kid-in-the-candy-shop moment with a marvel that contributed nil towards pollution and ran completely on electricity. To add more to this delightful surprise, the company released their patents to the public insisting on their belief that the move will increase the production of electric vehicles, boost the company’s business and have emissions reduced by a staggering percentage by replacing fuel stations with charging stations.
While the technological impact is still being felt across the world, the company surprised the business world by adopting a B2C model where Tesla Motors salesmen would directly sell their products to customers rather than the traditional B2B model where a production company would sell their cars to dealerships where customers would eventually buy their cars. Though this model will have to overcome hurdles in many forms due to the institutional nature of the existing B2B model, millions of tech enthusiasts and think-tanks across the world can’t help but feel excited by the idea of buying pollution-free, cutting-edge vehicles from Tesla Motors themselves! The sheer success of Model S was followed by the release of Model X and the recently unveiled Model 3 with the latter sporting a “supercharging” capability.
With the unbelievable success of Tesla Motors running parallel with jaw-dropping innovations at Space X, CodeForce 360 believes that the best, from Elon Musk, is yet to come.
BRACE FOR IMPACT!: INNOVATIONS SET TO TAKE CENTRE STAGE IN THE FUTURE
• Sensor Systems that detect maintenance requirements.
• Safety plug-ins that will help a driver avoid accidents and maintain the vehicle in regular lines of traffic.
• In-Car Smart Entertainment that will integrate web entertainment, social media platforms and sharing tools the way smartphones and tablets do.
• Two-Wheeler Sensor Systems which detect bicycles and motorcycles approaching from the rear. Currently in the research phase, these systems will alert the driver of an imminent impact in the form of triggered vibrations on the door handle so that drivers can wait for two-wheelers to pass by.
• Redefined Fuel Cell Tech that guarantees more mileage, engine performance and cost-effective refuelling.
• Sentient Tech that will help drivers “feel” damage to certain parts of the car through detection panels attached under the vehicle’s body which alert the driver to both the point and intensity of damage.
• “Auto-Pilot” Cars that self-drive and navigate their way through rugged terrain, signals and traffic with the help of multiple cameras, laser sensors and brake systems.
• 3D-Printing that is predicted to slice production costs and make cars available at affordable prices. Cars will be made of less than just 50 parts as compared to the traditional count of 30,000. Some of these have already been unveiled by American automobile manufacturer Local Motors.
WARMING UP FOR A TECH-DRIVEN FUTURE
With these massive developments and predicted advancements, CodeForce 360 believes in an overwhelmingly tech-driven future for the automobile industry. Moreover, with advancements that mitigate environmental pollution it’s a matter of time before eco-friendly solutions from the automobile industry take shape and form.
CodeForce 360 predicts that these technologies will not just change the way we think about cars but open scores of opportunities for employment and training in these smart technologies that are revved up to take the world by storm!