Technology is what changes lives and defines proceedings in the industry today. Those who fail to read up on the latest innovations in the world of technology are the ones who are falling behind. The need for tech awareness has become even more critical since our work environments have become heavily dependent on technology. Here’s a list of all the skills you need to have in order to thrive and succeed as a techie.
- Social media: Being on social media is literally, a must, in today’s industry. No matter how ‘anti-tech’ you get, social media is where the buzz begins all the time. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin etc. are platforms where there is always constant chatter and fresh things to look out for. Linkedin, in particular, has articles and posts that keep you ahead of the curve.
- Spreadsheets: “Spreadsheets make life easy.” Heard that before? If not, then you can expect to hear it soon. Irrespective of your field of expertise or work environment, there is always data to be collected and stored. Furthermore, learning all those nifty tricks in spreadsheeting applications will actually have a positive impact on your work.
- Creative presentations: Another skill which you need no matter what industry you’re working in. Having razor-sharp presentation skills will ensure that you win over prospective clients and customers while staying a step ahead of the rest.
- Keyboard typing: Computers are ubiquitous and being able to use keyboards efficiently is a must. Slow typing leads to delays in completing tasks so it’s important to practice typing on keyboards so you can touchtype effectively.
- Email etiquette: Emails will always be the primary mode of commuication at the official level. Your colleagues and higher-ups will always judge you based on the language you use in your emails. Strucutring your emails properly, not using a single paragraph as the body of content, and ending your emails with a classy salutation is a must.
- Running parallel with trends: We can spot a technological marvel almost every month in the industry today. Innovation has become quintessential for grabbing people’s attention and changing their lives. You don’t have to be tech savvy to run parallel with the trends. All it takes is an ounce of curiosity to know everything you need to. If you don’t, it will certainly affect the way you work.
Look for cutting-edge staffing solutions for your company? Contact us at CodeForce 360 today.