Effective networking is considered priceless today and has been deemed invaluable since the decades gone by. Being able to achieve success is considered a testament of not just your aptitude and knowledge but how well you’re able to establish contacts and leverage the best out of them when necessary.
CodeForce 360 considers the ability to establish and leverage the power of networking , the difference between success or failure in business. Through this article, CodeForce 360 explains the value of networking along with the steps to be taken in order to develop contacts for great business.
IMPORTANCE OF NETWORKING
1. Professional relationships that are kindled and forged over time turn priceless when you need assistance or forums to achieve targets in the future.
2. Building your contacts in professional circles which aren’t directly related to your profession can open doors to new and diverse career opportunities.
3. Networking with professionals placed at all levels within the industry increases your knowledge about the industry, giving you an edge over the rest.
4. Professional development isn’t just achieved through skill acquisition but through gaining experience via exposure to challenging projects which can be fetched effectively when you’re networking skills are sharp.
5. When joining forces with your professional contacts for a business venture, both you and your contact will enjoy a share of the success in the event of a positive outcome. This will boost your track record, confidence and enable you to strike more fruitful partnerships.
6. While advertisements, flyers, pitches etc. are ways to win over a potential customer or client, networking helps you stay a step ahead, facilitating direct interactions with those potential clients or customers.
1. It all starts at base. Make sure that you maintain a good working relationship with your boss, colleagues and other professionals whom you bump into on a daily basis, at your workspace.
2. Attend those events. Many professionals tend to ignore product conferences or talks as they’re monotonous but the wiser ones grab a seat when they get the chance. These forums are the best ways to meet professionals from other companies or disciplines and have fruitful face-to-face chats, kindling a professional relationship.
3. Inviting people for a chat over lunch or coffee. This is the best way to know the person whom you would like to establish a professional relationship with. While it’s a good way to stop time, the person will also get to know more about you and your business.
4. Using your online professional networks. Sites like LinkedIn and BranchOut provide you the opportunity to reach out to thousands of established professionals across the business globosphere. Moreover, these professionals are equally keen about building a rolodex and this helps kindle those professional relationships which open doors to scores of opportunities.
5. Helping your contacts’ in their endeavours works wonders as they’ll always hold you in high esteem and will be looking forward to help you achieve goals when the need arises.
IT’S NOT WHOM YOU KNOW, BUT WHO KNOWS YOU:
To establish yourself in the industry and to operate as a competitive professional, CodeForce 360 believes that it’s essential to develop professional relationships with potential/current customers and clients. It’s these relationships that open doors to opportunities, maximize growth, introduce you and your business to competitive markets as well as expose you to projects and endeavours that help achieve staggering su