You’ve been at the stadiums and you’ve seen it all on the web and TV. Technology is changing the way sports are followed, analysed and broadcast at a palpably frenetic pace. The rate of development is almost unforgiving with dedicated corporations going hammer-and-tongs to discover the “next big thing” to take the world of sports by storm.
CodeForce 360 has observed that sports technology has also become a lucrative field, simmering with opportunity as you have hundreds of projects out there devoted to have a lasting impact on the way sports are played, watched and followed.
What you’re about to read are some of those scintillating developments of recent times which caught the whole world by storm:
DEVELOPMENTS WITH SEISMIC IMPACT:
- 1. Spectator experience: Every match day is a visual spectacle for people seated at the stadiums courtesy gigantic, state-of-the-art screens where you can easily watch all the action without missing a single frame along with wireless connectivity, food and beverages as well as interactive sporting games at the stadiums which are sure to give you an experience to remember.
- 2. Ticketing: Gone are the days where you have to fret about missing those lines to grab a ticket as you can purchase tickets for almost any game through mobile ticketing applications, on the go. All you need to do is show up on time, scan the barcode and grab those tickets before the game begins!
- 3. Analytics: Loved Jonah Hill doing his thing in Moneyball? Well major teams have been relentlessly hiring big data think-tanks and analysts to compile and condense large sets of key metrics followed by deriving performance-altering insights from these data sets. The whole idea has provided a huge amount of success with big data’s scope in sport widening by the day.
- 4. Game on the go: Fans are able to tap into all sorts of coverage data, live. Be it scores, stats, weather or other slices of data, fans toting tablets and smartphones are able to follow a match anytime and anywhere.
- 5. Smart training tech: Athletes nowadays are leveraging the best out of advanced training technology that tracks every inch of movement and identifies critical stress points etc. to give them an edge when they head to the field.
- 6. Gear: Scientists and clothing technology giants have been using nanotechnology to create comfort-fit clothing that is lightweight and puts athletes at ease along with shoe technology that makes it ideal for cross-fit training and running those yards on the field. Safety equipment such as helmets, shoulder guards, pads etc., have been engineered to the extent of guaranteeing an athlete’s protection from all sorts of on-field hazards.
A FUTURE FULL OF MARVELS
According to CodeForce 360, this decade has seen its fair share of advancements in sports technology. Very soon we’ll witness technological assistance playing far more decisive roles when it comes to on-field performance. Moreover, with basic experimentation and testing that just scratched the surface, enthusiasts are already bowled over the impact that technology can have on sport.
These recent developments have just set the tone for things to come. The future holds a treasure trove of marvels!