The curious case of proficient SAP consultants has always been one that’s spawned nothing short of perpetual interest and intellectual intrigue. SAP ERP and multiple other projects require a lot of skill even for the most well-trained of consultants. It takes focus, expertise, and constant activity to keep those skills sharp.
In this article, CodeForce 360 presents five traits, intellectual and behavioural, which are present among seasoned SAP “operators”.
KEY SKILLS/ TRAITS TO LOOK OUT FOR:
1. Comprehensive knowledge/ awareness: A proven SAP consultant possesses a technical sentience for the bells and whistles which wind the industry’s clock. Simply put, these consultants can find, fix, and finish almost any task which is process-oriented. Whether it’s assessing processes enforced to check product quality or even those directed at sales and generating traction, proven consultants can run the math and formulate strategies/processes which can help the company work smarter and improve their numbers.
2. Knowing SAP (literally) like the back of their hand: Since SAP is constantly innovating and introducing fresh products and modules at a frenetic pace, proven consultants have an eye for the best of what’s happening. These consultants are always ready to learn the next thing “cool” in SAP and expand their capabilities.
3. Superior client-handling skills: The stop reading “clients” is where the ride begins. Particularly for B2B firms, clients are quintessential to their survival, defining trajectory and influencing performance. Proven SAP consultants, by virtue of their experience with scores of client-centric projects, can read and understand the swings of client behaviour as well as expectations. They’re proficient in adapting client requirements to SAP processes that help deliver results while being adept at simplifying even the most technical of SAP processes in a way they’re comfortable with.
4. Razor-sharp presentation, communication, and documentation skills: SAP processes involve a lot of specifics banking on well-calculated decisions. A client is entitled to know every decision as well as understanding the process behind making that decision. Proven SAP consultants pack tons of confidence when it comes to presenting process-defining decisions in the form of data, reports etc. for clients whenever they want to take a look. Without sharp documentation skills, any decision can be rendered arbitrary and leads to obfuscation among clients.
5. Teamwork and force-multiplication skills: SAP projects tend to involve trained hands and minds of numerous consultants. Moreover, no project is a one-man effort. Proven SAP consultants have the knack to get team members to perform and understand their capabilities around modules and processes effortlessly. Furthermore, proven consultants have the ability to impart crucial knowledge and skills to team members thus arming them with the skills and techniques requisite for tackling challenging assignments.
These skills are ubiquitous among SAP consultants backed by years of proven proficiency. These skills and traits are the ones that make the cut and help companies soliciting the services of these seasoned consultants make bank.
Despite being the typical set of traits possessed by this selective clique, CodeForce 360 believes that these traits and skills are a must-have even among fresh and fairly experienced operators in order to rise to the level of optimum efficiency.
Looking for SAP consultants who pack these traits along with a record of staggering success? Reach out to CodeForce 360, today!